【TOPS Solution in Six Steps】Define the problem properly for the right cure
When a problem occurs, identifying it is the first step to solving it, and the proper definition of the problem will lead to the right cure.
Based on the past learning and experience, Titansoft has summarized TOPS (Titansoft One-page Problem Solving) as a tool to analyze and identify problems.
- Defining the problem: help yourself or others to define a problem by rewriting it with QBQ (Question Behind the Question).
- Analyzing the problem: the questions asked must be based on objective facts rather than personal opinions. Analyze why, who, what, when, and where through 5Whys analysis and 5Ws analysis to explore the root cause of the problem.
- Developing the solutions: developing viable solutions through brainstorming in different ways.
- Choosing a solution: analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the possible solutions developed in the previous step to choose the most appropriate one.
- Describing the problem: review and organize expectations, realistic gaps, and next steps for the problem.
- Check the progress: regularly review the progress and impact of the actions.