【STEPS REPORT 】Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving methods: inspect, think, experiment, validate, and sustain
STEPS REPORT is often used at Titansoft to discuss online product issues and make discussion minutes within a one-page limit. It's a troubleshooting and problem-solving tool for defining problems, finding their root causes, and preventing or solving them.
- Scan: examining the events or conditions that occurred during the problem.
- Think: thinking in multiple dimensions about the possible causes of this problem.
- Experiments: experiments and attempts that have been made on the problem.
- Proofs: results yielded by the experiments.
- Sustain: deciding on improvement options and maintaining desirable results or avoiding recurrence of problems.
With the online issue with a product resolved, the team reviews the process of issue handling and service restoration through a form to identify the root cause together and keep tracking the issue.
The core concept of One Page Project Management (OPPM) is to put all project information on a single sheet of paper as a communication tool to facilitate prompt reporting and control of the process. Due to the space limitation, only the most valuable and important information appear on the page.
Since 2012, Titansoft has adopted the OOPM system for company-wide annual project management, monthly departmental reports, monthly product reports, personal learning reports, and case studies, all in a piece of A4 paper to focus on problem analyses and insights, courses of action development and submission, and result tracking and investigations.
Based on the core concept of OPPM, Titansoft has developed various types of exclusive Onepage Management tools to meet the needs of the teams.